Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Pretty little toy.

When I got my first iPod, which was a green mini, I thought it was the absolutely hands down coolest thing ever. It was a mini jukebox in my pocket. It was sleek, tiny, green, shiny, and most musical. It went everywhere with me.

Then the battery died, and I upgraded to a video iPod, which of course, was even cooler. Still thin, still sleek, still beautiful, but it holds a limitless amount of music, and plays tv shows! Movies! Videos! In perfect color. On its huge screen.

The Razor hit, and after months of resistance, I succumbed to another toy. It was just too fun and flippy to resist. After a dry spell of no gadgets, I started to have another craving for something fun to play with. The iPhone came out, but I was like, no way, don't need it. Even though I didn't technically need it though, I wanted it. Desperately.

So over the weekend, I finally bought it. I now play wit every chance again and haven't even begun to get over the fantastic-ness that is my new phone. It looks up any and everything, the texts shoot back and forth in colorful little bubbles, the screen is like an HD flat screen in your pocket. The reception is crystal clear, and at the push of a button I have access to the weather, stocks, the muni schedule, my inboxes, and directions anywhere. Anything you want to do it, it predicts how you want to do it. It is the smartest little block of shining technology everywhere.

And in a sheer burst of luck, the price went down by $200 only 5 days after I bought it. I have another 5 left to return it and get nearly 1/2 of what I paid? Back. How amazing is that.

I do avoid being that girl who whips it out in very public places to play. In fact I shy away from that public show and kinda keep it in my bag and play with it covered up. But then again with my friends it's a diff story and I'm TOTALLY that girl who is all, "and it does this!!! and watch this!! then, you can do this!!" It's likely that STu wanted to kill me on Sat night given that pretty much all I talked about was the capabilities of the thing in my purse. I'm kind of like a five year old.

You know what? I'm not writing about experiences on public transportation! That's not to say that I haven't had any recent little run-ins, oh, don't worry, I have, but I'm changing it up. And you know what? This was really boring to read wasn't it. There you go. San Fran has had this effect on me wheras I can no longer write about anything except riding the bus and be happy with what I've written. What exactly does that say about my life? At this time I'm unsure. I might Google it. ON MY PHONE!!! Ha. That was not even funny. The. End.

No comments: