Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A good crack.

I’m presently sitting at work working toward back-crack number 3. Is it odd to have a certain love-affair with cracking your back? I’m kind of obsessed. I actually have a specific standing routine which involves standing up very straight, bending fully over, then coming up and stretching into a standing back bend to help get a good crack. Although at work I just sit in my chair and reach my arms up and back. Then I typically say something like “Ruchers! You hear that?!” Or maybe, “Wowee! That was a good one!! A great crack!”

Anyway so this morning I was watching CNN while eating my eggs, a piece of which I dropped on my favorite pants, which sucked, but, I digress. Anyway. So there was this feature story about a woman who is a mayor of some small town, and on her MySpace page (yes, this mayor has a MySpace page…) she has a photo of herself wearing an (ugly) bathing suit (but looking pretty good) posing alongside a red pickup truck (reserve judgment! Reserve judgment!)

I guess her constituents discovered the picture and then outsed her from office. Seriously. So CNN is interviewing this woman, and they’re like, “So, are you regretting placing the picture up on your site?” Her response, “No, I don’t regret it at all. I can do what I want there, it’s ‘my space.’ That’s why they call it, “MySpace.” Really?? Is that why they call it that? What a profound statement.

This woman doesn’t need her mayoral career anymore anyway, given that she’s taken to selling people posters of the famed picture on the Internet.

I had an odd urge to write about 1) back cracking and 2) the CNN story. It could be disappointing that I’ve not posted in sometime and that I have again I’m posting mundane gibberish, but I think that I typically mostly post mundane gibberish, so I guess maybe it’s not surprising or a let-down after all.

No comments: