Monday, May 29, 2006

Her Name is Whore

I just returned from dinner at El Chollo (try the green corn tamales, in season from May to October and really one of the best things on the menu), with my friend Sonny and a bunch of her friends. I have a case write up to do and I also have a bunch of reading, but right now, I am more compelled to write this entry about what a small little world this is.

We arrive, and Sonny introduces me to her friends, including this guy Daniel who is graduating from Sloan this year, she had told me about him. So of course I had to ask if he knew my ex. What’s his name he asks? Brett …. In case his mom decides to Google her son I’ll leave his name out so she doesn’t read my blog, but I’m digressing. Anyway. He looks blank for a second and then he’s like, oh wait, is he dating someone??? Yes, unfortunately, he is dating some girl.

He asks what her name is, I tell him that I don’t know, but I prefer to call her Whore. Look! I even capitalized Whore. That is generous. He asks if she’s Asian, which she is, and which I hate, b/c he always had this weird Asian fetish. She’s actually Philippino, but whatever. He says he knows 10 first years at Sloan but happens to know Brett though this chick.

I shouldn’t, but I have to ask what she’s like. I think my tone of voice indicates the response I’m looking for (that she totally sucks) but he doesn’t pick up. I guess she’s actually “super cool” and “really fun” and on top of it, she’s apparently pretty, which is supposed to make me feel better b/c I wouldn’t want him to be dating some sucky ugly chick b/t that might imply that I’m one or the other or both (which of course I’m not). He even attached a name to this girl, which I’ve already forgotten – but the point is that she actually exists and is a real legit person now who has a name and a personality. Yuck.

It is ok, b/c naturally she has to be a real person and whatnot, but here is my final conclusion from this conversation: if you meet an ex girlfriend of a guy you know that is now dating someone new, and she asks about the new girl, just humor her, and tell her that new girl is nowhere near the fantastic creature that is the ex-girlfriend. This will score big points. Now, to close, and to use the phrase of a friend of mine, “The End.”

No comments: