Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dontcha Wish Your Daughter Wore No Clothes Like Me...

So I completely hit up the Christina Aguillera concert last night. Opening acts included Danity Kane (PDiddy's chicks, known for such supa-fly hits as "Showstoppers" where they rap about doing things girls don't do in their rainbow colored Cadillac) and the Pussycat Dolls, who I affectionately refer to as PCDs b/c that's just the kind of terms I'm on with them. We unfortunately missed DK as we were busy doing sake bombs and eating one more sushi roll, but I guess I'll live.

So we got there right when PCDs came on. My concert date was very confused by their performance on the whole - they did not actually have any people playing any sort of instrument on stage. So clearly they are truly great artists. As for their outfits, they pretty much consisted of stretchy little strips of cloth emblazoned with PCDs in rhinestones strategically placed to cover their hoo-has and ta-tas. They certainly are (wow must interrupt, American Idol is on and a) this girl sux big time and b) why the f would you choose a NEW song by Evanescence...or anything by Evanescence anyway...didn't Amy's first album satiate our need for slit your wrist music?) entertaining though and hey when they asked where all their pussycats were I did put my hands up.

But I was slightly disturbed cuz we looked around the audience and ventured to guess that the avg age was somewhere around 30: that's cuz you were mostly either 12 or 47...or you were a lawyer who's boss had given him free tix to the Xtina concert who couldn't think of anyone else that actually wanted to go to the concert (SN: kidding! as for me...not kidding, I mean come on, I am 'teen, why hide my love of all things young and frivolous). So back to my point though - all these little girls and their parents, and on stage are these mostly naked chicks mimicking sex with chairs, singing "Dontcha wish your girl was a freak like me" - what are you thinking?? Are you like, "Sure am glad I brought Susie to see these PCDs - they really teach the value of sexual freedom!" Personally Dick and Jane would've totally been covering my eyes.

As for XTina, btw, she was incredible. Seriously. Her outfits were classy, in a I like to wear underwear, leotards, and heels kind of way, her dance moves were stellar, and the video interludes such as her naked in a tin tub with her legs spread apart kept with the chaste and modest theme of the evening. That woman can sing though. I kind of want to download her most recent album....I am def more of a fan than I was before. Only sad that she didn't play Genie in a Bottle. That was one classic hit. Did I ever mention I dated a guy briefly in high school that really liked that song? He did. He liked it more than me. His name is Peter. Guess what Peter is now: gay. "Dontcha" think I shoulda caught that one?

So, I went to Staples twice in the course of one week. I think I could be on overload at this point so it's good that I'm heading to Indy tomorrow for my cousin's wedding. I'm excited. Personally what I'm looking forward to the most is having all my relatives ask me when I'll be getting married cuz I'm technically "next" or maybe telling me to get married before they die or something great like that. Yep, that should be good times, definitely.

No comments: