Friday, June 16, 2006

Case Dismissed!!

Way back in March or sometime around there, I was pulled over on campus for what was essentially an illegal u-turn. True, for a split second I was technically moving in the wrong direction...but my ticket of "driving on the wrong side of a divided highway" was uber-ridiculous. And I googled the definition of divided highway to make sure.

Anway, I had to go to court like a month ago to put in my "not guilty" plea and pay my fine. Then today I finally had my little trial deal. I was all set to defend myself, grade A self-defense for sure. I was wearing a suit, and armed with several exhibits to submit into evidence (yes, I am huge huge dork):
  • Giant poster depicting my actions with compelling points such as "NOT a divided highway" bulleted out
  • Several photos of the intersection
  • Print out containing definition of divided highway
But, the American court system being the giant piece of shit that it is, me moving my court date confused the hell out of them, so they didn't even have me on the roster. And, this most likely meant they never even told the cop about the date, so clearly he was a no show. Which meant, CASE DISMISSED!!! Sweet! And, i get my $$$ back :) Wha a swell day! And I have nothing to this weekend except dine out and hit the beach. Loving life. The end.

No comments: