Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wine Wednesday!!!

I am listening to The Fray album. I think someone told me they just got it and would do a little lend, but you see, I’m crazy anxious about music and if there is something I need to hear like RIGHT NOW then I need to hear it like RIGHT NOW and I cannot wait, cannot bear it. So I bought it. I like. Even though currently I’m listening to the “How to Save a Live” title track now for like the 5th time in a row. But it alone is worth it. I swear.

Anyway. So this typing is hard. I’ve hard like 3 glasses of wine to drink. Cuz you know what tonight was??? It was “wine Wednesday!!!!!!!!” My mom sent me out to run errands pre-dinner, which involved a series of impossible returns that break all return policies. Such as going to American Eagle and getting an adjustment with a coupon on stuff she bought a month ago. I flirted lots and mission accomplished. Seriously. The guy is like “we don’t do this, blah blah blah,” and I’m like “you totally do, really you’ve done it before.” That was a lie. I’ve never tried. Anyway, he did it. At one point when he’s denying stuff he looks at me and I give him some really good puppy dog eyes, and then…he points his finger at me…and he goes, “No!” Was he telling me, like, no puppy dog eyes??? I think he was. He was cute though.

So…I get home eventually and I walk into our kitchen where my mom is with some neighbor ladies and they all like scream and go crazy when walk in. It was my Beyonce moment or some shit. Not I’m kidding. It wasn’t really that dramatic. But anyway, they were like, “Its Wine Wednesday!!!!!!” They were all worked up. I think they were on like glass number 3. So I joined in. I like these women. For IN women, they are nice and liberal and not totally born-again. So that was fun. They stayed for a while. My mom had to get them out eventually cuz she was concentrating on her briskets. It’s nearly Rosh Hashanah you know. Time for the Jewish New Year.

In case you were wondering, that kind of sums up my day. I also did a little power walking w/ Jane in the morning, and another day of tennis w/ AC Slater. Slater wants me to go watch him DJ on Sat night. I think I just might. What an existence I lead. Now it’s nearly time for Laguna Beach, and note that I indeed missed last week’s episode so I have a double-header to hit up tonight. Oh. I did make plans to go out on Friday night. But they have been subsequently foiled. Jane was NOT happy about that b/c my brother and cousins will be there. But thing is I was planning on going out at 10 and I know the elders will be going to bed by 10:30.

So here is the really sad thing. I’m 26. Twenty f’in 6. I could be married. I could have kids. I don’t, I don’t, it’s true, but I could. And that’s important. B/c I’m 26, I could be married w/ kids, and my mom is like, “you can’t go out Friday night,” and I’m like “oh, ok then, right.” Linderteen is taking on a whole new meaning man. And I don’t know if I like it…

No comments: