Thursday, September 28, 2006

Things You Want but Can't Have

So today has been fun. It was arts and crafts day. I made pretty posters and played with scissors and construction paper to create the WBC Bulletin Board, it’s pretty spiffy. And then tonight I’m playing dress up, Flashdance style. Oh it’s good to be back in school, doing all sorts of mature things. Yep, I sure do feel grown up.

And since I’m so grown up now, I feel like it’s time to start thinking about buying my first car. (if you’re curious, my Accord was my 18th birthday present). For me, there are two stipulations attached to this car purchase: 1) The car purchase will coincide with graduation time as a present to myself, and 2) This car WILL be a convertible, yes, it will.

So, while I was home, I went test driving cars w/ Greggy. Actually I only drove one, the new VW Eos. It’s a hard top convertible and it’s damn near the hottest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. I’m not really a huge car person, but it was some kind of fun driving that thing. So so so so cute, and the roof goes up/down in like 20 seconds flat. But don’t try doing it in traffic when you’re moving…word to the wise…I don’t think it was so much designed for that…and it does hinder your vision…

Anyway, I’m basically in love with the car. And after the test drive I was like that is it!!! I am buying that car!! In less than one year!!! And I’m all giddy, b/c I’m happily thinking how it’s cheaper than the other cars that I had been considering (the Saab convertible, the Volvo convertible).

But now it’s kind of hitting home that I’m pretty much financially retarded. I really don’t know how on earth I thought I could’ve ever afforded either the Saab or the Volvo, let alone the WV, considering I’ll be graduating with huge loans to pay off and most likely not a banker’s salary. I talked about the car w/ Jaime and Sean and they were both like do you realize you will have like $500 car payments for a car at that price point? And you know, I really didn’t.

I don’t really know what I thought they’d be, I didn’t actually think about purchasing the car… I just thought about owning the car. You know, putting the sweet ass top down as I pull out on Montana, driving around in it with the wind blowing through my hair, heated seat toasting my buns, JTimbo bringing sexy back on my satellite radio, my passenger adjusting the lumbar support to suit his/her needs.

But now…it’s sinking in…I can continue to fantasize about this car, but I think I may have to hold onto the Accord for like another 10 years. Perhaps just until it like stops moving. Unless someone out there wants to buy me a car, perhaps? Anyone? I hear crickets. Oh well.

Well then, I’ll leave the car purchase thing for now. It’s time to go put on my play clothes anyway.

No comments: