Friday, September 01, 2006

Panties Is a Silly Word


Do you see that dashing cartoon character who is part princess, part angel, a little painter, something of a drinker, with a dash of ice cream eater, that one there, right off to your left? Guess who it is. Guess. Ok I’ll tell you. It’s me, lindy, South Park style. Indeed, you too can give yourself a southpark makeover by visiting this fabulous link:
http://www.sp-studio.de/

If you do it at work, and if you sit in the shit cube, and by shit cube I mean the one that is positioned just so every single moron who strolls past your cube can see what’s on your screen, just try creating a southpark character of yourself w/out looking like a total ass. I bet you can’t. But given that I have one week left here and my report is pretty much done, I really don’t care. Nope, I don’t.

A coupla things about this SP thing though: 1) Sauj, plz thank your friend Alice, I located this link via her blog. 2) I didn’t really want to have the angel wings or the earrings or the paint supplies or the ice cream for that matter, but I was experimenting w/ my character, and then when I clicked those options I couldn’t unclick. So I’m stuck totally over-accessorized, and I really hate over-accessorizing. It’s so unnecessary.

Anyway, made me laugh. You know what else is funny? There is this showerhead that Brian ordered (we’re doing mad showerhead research up in these parts, competitors, beware) and the motto on the package is “The Art of the Shower.” It’s in Spanish and French, too. You wanna know the French translation? “L’arte de la douche.” Douche! The art of the douche!!! That is very funny. Verrrrry funny.

How bout another uncomfortable word: panties. People do NOT like this word. I take that back. Someone I know does. And this person seems to think other people might too. Curious? Are you? Have a read over the explanation. Not curious? No? Well I don’t like you either you big herb.


me: duh. it's just odd. she didn't know my last name y-day, today we're all talking about the queerbait panties you can buy.
Friend: seriously, you need to not say queerbait. you know, i like the word "panties". i'm not sure why. well, i can guess why, but i never really thought about it
me: sorry can't help it. you must be the only human being who likes the word panties. i hate it.
friend: i bet you most guys, if they thought about it, like the word panties
me: why?
friend: well first, because it only refers to women's underwear, there's nothing manly about it. and also because i think it's really hard to separate the word and the idea. i basically can't think about the word panties without automatically thinking about panties. and thinking about panties is fun.
me: whatever works for you man.
friend: oh, as always, this is all off the record
me: of course it is.

Oh, and for the record. Plz stop sending me communications related to “my last day.” Or, for that matter, related to YOUR last days. B/c It’s NOT my last day motards. I have another week. And I’m bitter. So don’t rub it in. It hurts.

No comments: