Sunday, April 22, 2007

I got drunk w/ my mom.

In the airport this morning I saw this shirt:

Haikus are easy

But sometimes they don’t make sense

Refrigerator

Funny!

Anyway, so I woke up with a slight hangover this morning. Guess Jane and I threw back a few too many last night. We ate at the Slanted Door which was amazingly delicious (thanks for recs friends!) and our meal necessitated many drinks. A cocktail while we waited. A bottle of white to go w/ our oysters. Then a glass of red in between finishing the bottle to complement our beef and lamb. Then a glass of wine back at the hotel bar.

Seriously. Who gets hung over from hanging out with their mom? And if I felt hung over, I must have been moderately tipsy, and if I was moderately tipsy, then Jane must have been hammered. So that gave me something to laugh despite the fact that as my town car (I was big pimping you see as my shuttle was 10 minutes late and I was on the verge of missing my flight) lurched through San Fran traffic my oysters were sliding and my shaking beef was shaking in my delicate little stomach. Vo-mit. Oh but I didn’t, don’t worry.

Anyway, so over the weekend I picked up a third roommate. Stu and I were joined by our friends Nikki and Elizabeth on Friday, and we opted to join forces w/ Eliz. We figure we can get more for our money going three bedroom style. Regardless of which of the 27 million different neighborhoods that all pretty much look the same to me that we end up living in.

Looks like I’ll be going back up in 2 weeks on a mission w/ my ladies to find a place and sign a lease. I have one thing I can tell you about my future place: I plan to paint my bedroom pink. Yep, pink. Not like nasty pepto pink, something very soft, pale. I have it all planned out – a pale pink beadspread, lots of bright, fun pillows in corals and golds. This…is what I devote my mind space to. The color of the bedroom I won’t have for another few months. But it’s more fun than thinking about, say, how to do the scoring for the biz plan comp I’m co-chair of. That, is not so much fun.

So then, as my mom is no longer with me, there will be no craziness for me this evening. It’s now time for me to return to Law and Order. It’s very hard to multi-task with such a distractingly good show on in the background. I’m out.

No comments: