Saturday, November 18, 2006

I Got a Job...and Other Weird Stuff

I just went to Bagel Nosh to get a sandwich. I asked for a toasted everything bagel and then was like, "Hold on, hold on" cuz it was taking me a moment to determine what I wanted or how to say it or something like that. But, while lost deep in bagel thought, the little guy behind the counter was like "You want turkey salad." And that was what I wanted. B/c I have ordered it before. But that was once or twice and the last time I ordered it was about 3 months ago. And the last time I was even at Bagel Nosh was well over a month ago. Is that weird? I say yes.

Also weird: was driving West on Sunset yesterday, stuck in traffic, of course, and was chatting on the phone. So I turn my head and this guy stuck in the traffic heading East (so it was impossible that I had cut him off or anything like that) looks at me really nastily and starts mimicking someone talking on a cell. And then he's giving me thumbs down and making these really rude, mean faces, and then he starts flicking me off. Really, this truly happened. I did absolutely nothing to this guy, and he was being a total ass. What the f.

Continuing with the weird theme: at dinner last night (Katsuya, amazing) we checked in and then waited nearly an hour for our table. We were going to check on it. My friends noted that when we checked in they actually wrote down a description of our party and it apparently said: "denim jacket and leggings." They wrote my outfit in to describe our party. Weird. Oh btw, they didn't really get the sake bomb concept so much there. So we just continually poured shots of sake into our glasses of beer (the sake cups weren't shot glasses so wouldn’t' fit into the glasses).

Why, you ask, were you drinking sake bombs? Because I was celebrating bitches. I got an f'ing job. can you believe that? I can't. I'm still in a bit of shock. Not only a job, a good job!! But, it's in San Fran. Don't know how I feel about that. It's really very cold and foggy up there. It's a big decision. But I have until end of Jan to decide. Anyway, weird!!! So, anyway, I need to go and keep working on the business plan that has thus far consumed all daylight hours in my weekend. It's kind of making me want to puke. But I won't, don't worry ok? The end.

No comments: