Sunday, October 29, 2006

Friday Night in the Valley


On Friday night from 5 until midnight yes from 5 until midnight in the Valley yes the valley (you know like the source of valley girls) I was volunteering. I guess I was originally supposed to be a scharacter. We went to a meeting on Wed where they debriefed us. First they told us that they’d we’d be in “wardrobe and makeup” for 1.5 hours where they’d put the “blood and slime” on nice and thick. Then they said that fear and violence go together and that just to chill if a customer lashes out at you. So I wasn’t down with that, nor were several other of my girlfriends, so we turned the two-person concession stand into a 6-person concession stand and spent the night selling candy bars and light sticks (and kisses??) to teenaged boys dressed like members of Fallout Boy rolling on X and 12 year old girls wearing bandaids around their asses (but they were hard sells as they were all “on diets.”). Oh we also rode the gyroscope, jumped on the trampoline thingy (they operator told me I could go home “to my mom” and tell all about the flips I did…or didn’t do…ps I don’t live with my mom…). And did the haunted houses. And then I didn’t want to shut my eyes when I was washing the soap off my face in the shower that night.

So now it’s Sunday night and I started my HW around 4 and I still have much work left to do. But can I say something really mushy first? I had a bridal shower this afternoon and I just have to say how absolutely fabulous the guest of honor is if she’s reading this, b/c she truly is and she deserved every little bit of today’s mush-fest. Have fun with all your new undies dumpling!

No comments: