Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Adventures in Cyberspace

What an age we live in. Did you know that you are most likely connected by like 2,365 degrees to me even if you don’t have the slightest clue who I am? You’ve got Friendster, you’ve got MySpace, you’ve got FaceBook, you’ve got LinkedIn, etc. Now I get LinkedIn cuz that is a “professional” site, but the others I’ve never really gotten. Umm, yes, I am on Friendster, mostly b/c it’s just one more Web site to look at, but aside from its ability to connect you to virtually everyone else in the world that you never want to talk to (or provide you an avenue for cyberstalking), I really don’t get what it’s all about. I always ask people. They don’t ever have good answers.

Anyway, we’ll say for simplicity’s sake that these crazy Internet things seems to promote virtual networking. So, in the spirit of virtual networking, I think it’s only fair for me to give some Web shout outs so you can introduce yourself (virtually of course) to some other people and have some new reading material. Now, my friend Sauj knows about 98 other people who blog. I don’t know why she knows so many bloggers. I personally don’t. But, I do know Sauj, and her blog is quite cyberlicious (how many times have I used the word cyber???): http://saujpauj.blogspot.com/

I also recently discovered, courtesy of adventures in cyberspace, that one of Mr. Splendapants good friends has a blog: http://www.siggypoopants.blogspot.com/ Check it out! I think that her blog’s name was actually inspired by my blog’s name. And, it appears, based on the first entry, that I am also the source of inspiration for her to begin blogging in the first place. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Pinch my cheeks and call me flattered!

Happy reading friends.

No comments: