Friday, July 07, 2006

I Need This!

Yes, I am blogging at work, it's true. Don't tell anyone ok? Anyway, I think eveyone has peaced out of this place to go to happy hour. I thought happy hour would not be a good pre-San-Diego-drive option, so instead I'm here...blogging...

But anyway. So I found a link to this story (thank you sauj) about these phones that are coming out (LG brand) that have a breathalizer built into them. I guess you are supposed to test your sobriety before getting behind the wheel although I highly doubt they will really stop anyone.

But...the BEST feature is this deal:
The LP4100 also allows users to set up the phone so on certain nights and after a certain time they do not call certain people in their phone book. Think ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend.
If you have a blood alcohol level over .08, the phone will not let you dial that person. So it not only promotes sobriety, but chastity — and probably your dignity, as well.

I can be a pretty pathetic drunk dialer. It's true that I relatively recenlty had a 16 minute conversation with a certain boy and then had no recollection of what I actually said the next day. I don't really think I said good things, just a guess. If I had had him programmed into my phone, I wouldn't have needed to completely remove his number from my phone to avoid any more dumb moves. Umm, I could also just not be a stupid girl (err, woman) but that is not really an option here... Someone keep me alerted as to when this phone will hit the US market!!

No comments: