Friday, August 04, 2006

I Swear I'm Not Trying to Steal Trade Secrets

I have an important announcement. Actually, it’s really not important at all. Also it’s not really an announcement, it’s pretty much just something I thought needed to be pointed out. So some entries ago I noted that I have been terribly abusing my cell phone plan and that it’s causing me serious financial pain. I walked my butt into Cingular today and decided to do something about it! Yessir, I have upgraded my plan. So now I am free to talk until my voice no longer exists and text until my fingers fall off (although seriously I doubt they’d really ever fall off). Just umm, wanted you to know. I am also working on getting a pink razor, but even a fake note on my account about some story to give when I call customer service courtesy of RJ “give me a call sometime I’m in Lake Forest all the time” Cingular Store man (side note why would I ever call you) doesn’t seem to be getting me anywhere.

Anyway, so they are really strict about security around here at work. I have my little badge right and it has this really awful picture and stuff, and you have to show it every time you walk through the door. Or you can go in the side door through a scanning device and avoid the annoying front desk people.

But, I switched bags over the weekend and left my badge in my white purse up in LA and therefore have not had it all week and cannot avoid them. Now, you’d think that since I have been coming in and out of this place for like 6 weeks and they do seem to know my face they would be cool with that, but, they are
not. In fact, I have to get a paper badge EVERY SINGLE DAY. And sign in. It’s like, hello, hi, clearly I work here. Why must you give me a sticky label with my name (spelled incorrectly each time even though S-A-R-A is really not so hard to spell, they prefer their own spellings, such as Sarah (not weird) or Sera (weird). I am not going to wear the damn thing, b/c I hate those stupid nametags. So why really why??? It ends up stuck to my cube wall.

And then I’m like, ok, not only is it weird that you insist on making me sign in even though you know me practically by name and know that I work here, but it’s also weird that you’re so low-tech. Don’t you at least have some sort of computer-based look up system? I suggest you get one. You know it’s rumored that they will even be like, “Oh, hi Bob. Please sign in for us” and have asked our VPs and Prezs to sign in when they forget the badges. This is not the damn CIA! Faucets, for crying out loud, faucets and lock systems. Honestly. There. Done.

No comments: