Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What Exactly Are You Implying?

First off all, I want to note that I have remained largely offline today. Yesterday was highly unproductive and I have to admit that when I went to bed last night, I wondered what the f’ I’d done all day and got a little nervous about my project. I’m happy to report that today has been highly productive and I’ve added about 5 solid pages to my business plan so far.

But that is pretty boring to discuss.

Anyway, b/c I have kept off IM, for the most part, I thought it’d be ok to add another quick blog entry. ‘specially since I am typing like mad fast since I’m in writing mode for work. So here is the deal. Brian from works comes over to my cube earlier. He’s like “Hey, Sara, are you gonna watch the premier of the new Laguna Beach season tonight?” Me: “Of course. Hello!!” Brian: “Ha!! Brad! Hey! See, I told you!!” I walked back to their cube region and asked Brad if they had money down on the likelihood of me watching this. Brad said there was no point since they both were pretty sure I would be watching it. What exactly were they implying?

I then changed the subject and was like, “So, hey! Look! I wore my hair wavy today!” (got this John Frieda stuff that enhances/creates waves, very fun, highly recommended, and it works) They were like “Yeah, we noticed that you wore it down and that it was curled. We have already discussed this.” It made me wonder…I know they are discussing my tv habits…I know they are discussing my hairstyles…and I know they gossip about everyone else in the office (particularly those poor women down in customer service who apparently…well…never mind I’m feeling nice today…and the speculated love affair b/t Ms. Sequins and someone else…) I head back there to participate from time to time, but I still feel like I’m missing out on a lot of good chat and it makes me 1) sad that I’m missing out, and 2) a little nervous about the specific topics going on. Maybe I should listen to my iPod less and eavesdrop on The Odd Couple back there more. Just a thought.

No comments: